Our long-standing success is based on our Core Values of being Humbly Confident, Doing the Right Thing, Having a Can–Do Attitude, Focusing on Customer Success and Caring.
For more than 75 years, Air Equipment Company (AEC) has provided air equipment and services for nearly every HVAC application. We are recognized for groundbreaking innovation and tackling the most challenging projects. Our manufacturer list includes over 45 manufacturers most of which are leaders in their class, including: AAON, ABB, Aircuity, ClimateMaster, Condair, JCI, LG, Multistack, Phoenix Controls and York.
Our product line offers a variety of equipment, which is designed to create comfortable, healthy and energy-efficient environments. Our sales engineers have extensive experience in HVAC equipment and systems design and application. With the wide array of technologies we offer, we can make certain you have the right equipment to fit your needs.
AIR EQUIPMENT COMPANY TEAM
Meet Our Experts
Air Equipment Company was founded in 1946 by Hank Lutes as the Kentucky Representative for AAF & Buffalo Forge.
Bob Haragan joins company
Bob Haragan purchases AEC from Hank Lutes
Chris Haragan joins the company to succeed Bob
- Chris Haragan (BSME, University of Kentucky) opens office in Nashville to manage Buffalo Air Handling $18 million project at Saturn Plant
- Chip Summers (BSME, University of Kentucky) joins company from Staggs and Fisher to increase AEC presence in the commercial Custom AHU market
Chris and Chip purchase AEC from Bob Haragan
Under their leadership, the increased focus on specialty mechanical equipment and controls leads to representation of ABB, Phoenix Controls, Air Monitor and others.
Luke Powell (BSME, Purdue University) joins company as a sales engineer to cover the Louisville and Western Kentucky markets.
Miles Murphy joins AEC as Controls Service Technician.
Kevin Campisano (CPA, BA, Centre College) joins company as CFO.
AEC opens an office in Lexington, Kentucky.
AEC becomes the exclusive representative for LG, ClimateMaster, Trox, Lennox and Griswold.
- Chip Summers is appointed president and Luke Powell vice president of sales.
- Linda Campisano joins AEC as customer service manager.
AEC is appointed exclusive representative for AAON.
Ben Cowles joins AEC as a customer service specialist.
- Miles Murphy appointed service manager (Controls).
- Will Spiller (BSME, University of Louisville) joins AEC as a sales engineer in the Louisville office.
- Will Perkins (BSME, University of Kentucky) joins AEC as a sales engineer in the Lexington office.
- Christy Hinton joins AEC as a customer service specialist.
- Cale Hensel (BSAE, Georgia Institute of Technology) joins AEC as a sales engineer in the Louisville office.
- Jeremy Sheaffer (BSME, University of Kentucky) joins AEC as an applications engineer in the Lexington office.
- Katie Graviss joins AEC as a controller.
- Preston DeBord joins AEC as a service manager (Equipment).
- Anthony Kordupel joins AEC as an equipment service technician.
- AEC Louisville moves into new office on Payne Street.
- Mark Dail joins AEC as a project manager.
- Tim Linn joins AEC as an applications engineer in the Louisville office.
- Sam Yaney joins AEC as an applications engineer in the Louisville office.
- The AEC service team adds field technicians to support all equipment lines and provide maintenance and audit offerings.
- Jonathan Smith joins AEC as a project manager / outside salesman in the Lexington office.
- AEC service team continues to add field technicians to support all equipment lines and provide maintenance and audit offerings.
- John Thompson joins AEC as director of business development & sales engineer.
- Jonathan Smith moves into a service salesman position.
- Scott Bryant joins AEC as vice president of industrial sales.
- AEC becomes JCI/York equipment agent.
- Christine McCarthy joins AEC as service coordinator.
- Sam Poynter joins AEC as a project manager.
- Randy Gesell joins AEC as an outside sales engineer.
- Carrie Conklin joins AEC as a human resources generalist.
- AEC expands service offering to 12 service trucks.
- Recognized by Louisville Business First as one of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in the Louisville Metro Area.
Air Equipment Company is a proud member of the following professional organizations: